Good medicine doesn’t just happen. It is a complex and continually evolving discipline that requires insight, sensitivity and a lifelong commitment to learning in order to provide the best possible patient care and patient outcomes.
Sonic’s success has always been driven by the innate understanding that Medical Leadership facilitates the highest standards of professional and operational excellence for the doctors and patients that we serve. Medical Leadership is enshrined in Sonic’s corporate culture. It permeates all divisions and practices and acts as the unifying component of our global culture. It also reflects a deep understanding of the special complexities, obligations, and privileges of medical practice.
Our Medical Leadership philosophy honors the following ideals of medical practice:
- Patients and their wellbeing are our highest priority
- Our actions, behaviors and business decisions are always focused on supporting clinicians and good medical practice
- We strive to achieve the highest standards of quality and service excellence
- We are committed to supporting and being part of the medical communities we serve
- We recognize and support the importance of medical education, research and professional advocacy
Our commitment to Medical Leadership is reflected in our corporate structure. Dr. Colin Goldschmidt, our global CEO is a pathologist, and several members of our Board of Directors are also doctors. Most of our business units are also headed by medical doctors or deeply experienced laboratory industry professionals who are supported by stable, committed management teams focused on providing the best patient care. This ensures that doctors and patients receive best-practice medical services that are always provided in an ethical, confidential and professional manner.